- Drivers that do not use their turn signals while changing lanes
- Why ? Drivers are lazy and are inconsiderate to the drivers around them trying to abide by the rules
- Professors that read straight off a Powerpoint
- Why? Professors that read straight off a Powerpoint, have no creativity and do not care or understand the limited attention span of a student.
- When a restaurant messes up my order after waiting a long time for my food
- Why? This shows poor coordination in the kitchen or organizational skills by the server to get the order in correctly.
- Cold food at a restaurant
- Why? The waiter and kitchen have poor communication which leads the food to being prepared too early compared to the other food that is being served at the same table.
- A messy room
- Why? Lack of attention to cleanliness and importance to have a clean room.
- False news headlines that are created to get clicks
- Why? The public has created a way for news networks to create money using fake headlines that attracts its daily users to click on it headlines everyday and encourages the creation of false headlines.
- Money that is poorly spent just because someone an excess amount of it.
- Why? Lack of attention to what is important in life and that the lack of understanding that money is not unlimited
- When people do not put the weights back on the rack at the gym.
- Why? People are lazy and inconsiderate to the others that they share the gym with.
- Leaving the lights and electronics on in a room when no one is present
- Why? Lack of understanding of how electrical bills work . Electrical bills work by the usage of the electronics in your household therefore leaving lights and electronics (TV) on while you are away the entire day cause your bill to rise.
- A wet bathroom floor after a shower
- Why? Lack of concern for other people using the bathroom or they never learned how to properly dry themselves off after using the shower.
- When people do not hold the door for you when entering a building
- Why? Lack of manners by the person that failed to hold the door open.
- Cyclists who do not follow traffic laws
- Why? They believe they are above the law and do not need to follow traffic laws because drivers do jot want to run them over and there is a lack of police enforcement.
- Someone who is not ready to order their food when the waiter is taking everyone else's order
- Why? The person is usually indecisive about things other than food in life which carries it self to the dinner table.
- Counting Calories
- Why? People are very self conscious about their figure and it is created by the society we live in where physique can be seen as everything in life.
- People that overstay their visit in ones home
- Why? Lack of awareness and etiquette of knowing when someone wants you to leave their home or simply when not to overstay their welcome after having been invited for a visit.
- Kids screaming on a plane
- Why? Parents that normally do not teach their kids proper behavior cannot correctly parent their kids in a public area where manners are expected.
- Potholes in the road
- Why? Lack of money from the state to have smooth streets and fix holes on the road that could cause damage to care on the road.
- Parents that let their kids misbehave in public settings
- Why? Lack of parenting which leads to kids not understanding that there are punishments for their actions.
- Spotty Wifi in public areas
- Why? Lack of infrastructure and technology required to provide wifi to all users in the area.
- Paper Straws
- Why? The use of paper straws became relevant due to the bans across florida to help climate change and help waste management of materials.
Coming up with the list was very challenging for me because you often do not realize what bugs you, until it actually bugs you. The things that bug me are the things I don't expect to happen in my daily life because they are not justified. It usually happens as a result of a person's selfishness and disregard for others. The example of people not putting weights back after using them at the gym is one of the things that I did not realize would bug me until I realized how annoying it was to look through the gym for a specific set of dumbells that someone did not place back on the rack where they should be. At the gym, the proper etiquette is to leave the weights on the rack after using them, so they are easy to find and accessible to the next user. Trying to think about situations that bother me was not easy because I had to think of situations that have happened and bother me when they happened. Situations that bug people are not easy to think of because they actually do not bother someone until it happens. Normally one isn’t thinking about the time or times a person does not use their turn signal. Usually one thinks about it for a minute when it happens, complains about how the drivers are bad in that town, and then continues on with the day. Bugs are not every day thoughts, but situations that can bug you when they happen..
Thursday, January 23, 2020
2A-Bug List
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
28A
My exit strategy is hopefully to sell the business for a reasonable return.Every business has its life cycle and when I deem it time for it ...
-
What stood out to me most in my elevator pitch is my use of vocabulary. I think the most important is to demonstrate the magnitude. I...
-
The avatar I have created is a busy entrepreneur man or woman trying to stay moving and enjoy there drink . A entrepreneur who wants to col...
-
https://youtu.be/G80_zsOyzuY Sorry did not have proper clothing and had to use an old computer because I left my school material in my dor...
Hey Ted,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed going through your list of bugs. There were many on here that I feel were quite common, so I am surprised that I did not initially think of them. There were a few that stood out to me the most and really relate to me on a personal level, such as people not using turn signals and my roommate leaving every light and appliance on in her room, so annoying! I definitely agree with you on your reflection, it was pretty hard coming up with this list, because we do not always looks at the world in a critical manner. So if we were to just sit down and think about these bugs all at once it would not naturally come to us. So it requires us to carry out our normal life activities and from that, truly discover what bugs us.
I thought your list was great Ted. However, next time I would just try to make sure your text is not running off the screen so it's easier to read. This happened to me when I originally posted as well, so I had to edit it and hit the enter key at whichever point I wanted the line of text to stop.
Hey Ted,
ReplyDeleteAs I was reading your bugs, I saw some similarities between the both of ours. The one that really stood out was, the turning signal bug. In Miami, it is like no one uses them at all, you have to be more cautious driving than you usually would expect to be. Many people don't sit down and think about what actually bothers them so, I agree with you on writing our bugs being challenging.