Making the next innovation for environmentally friendly straws
Hypothesis: People want a better alternative to plastic straws than paper straws.
Testing The Who
I believe there are a large number of people who have this need to have a straw that is better than a paper straw. Everyone in my current situation feels the need for a new starw. However maybe they would rather use the paper straw because it is proven to be the best option at the moment and don't care about the experience they may have when drinking there drink.
Testing the What
Do people want a better alternative to paper straws ? Will people only want an alternative while drinking a different drink? How many people want a better alternative? Do they want more than one alterntive?
Testing the Why
The why I identified does not apply to everyone. It differs on who the people are. Some care more than other about they're drinking experience.
Interview questions
Would you be interested in a better, more ecological friendly straw?
How many drinks daily do you drink using a straw?
What type of straws have you used
Have you faced issues using paper straws?
What straw would you recommend to a friend looking for an alternative to plastic straws?
Interview 1
( Male 25)
I do not care about the environment as I think there are more problems affecting it other than straws. No
None
2 Paper and plastic
The Paper straws get soggy in my drink and are worthless in my opinion
I would tell them to drink there drink without a straw
Interview 2
(Female 43)
Yes, I would but have not found an alternative as much as I like plastic straws
3 or 4 depending on my day and what time I get up.
I've primarily only used plastic and now paper straws.I've had friends recommend metal staws but they seem they may get dirty and gross
They get soggy and gross. I hope they come out with a different alternative soon
Most likely metal but that's only because I dont know of any alternatives.
Interview 3
(Female 22)
Yes, I want to find any alternatives to anything that may create waste.
At least 1 throughout the day.
Ive used metal straws once I found how much wast plastic straws caused.
Ive never used more than a handful of times and found them really cool. I have also heard complaint from friends that they rather enjoy their drink with plastic straws than make the effort to use paper straws to save the environment.
I would recommend a metal straw to anyone looking for an alternative.
Interview 4
(Female 31)
Sure but it's not a priority to use a different straw to save the environment
Maybe one but not more than that
Just plastic and the paper ones i've been given recently.
I use primarily plastic whenever I need to use one . Ive only used the paper ones a couple of times but ive had to throw away my drink or through the straw and lid away if I drink it for more than 15 or so minutes.
As I said primarily become soggy very quickly when I have used them
I would recommend we try and stick to plastic straws until there is a good alternative.
Interview 5
(Male 24)
Would you be interested in a better, more ecological friendly straw?
No I would not be
How many drinks daily do you drink using a straw?
Three
What type of straws have you used
Plastic
Have you faced issues using paper straws? What?
I haven’t used them
What straw would you recommend to a friend looking for an alternative to plastic straws?
None if its not plastic.
I found that many people would be interested in an alternative to paper straws. Some people said they wouldn't be interested because they did really care about the environment but there are many that had the same issues about paper straws. People want to save the environment but it vastly depends on the person and not at the expense of they're morning drink.Most people I interviewed were not very informed on alternatives, especially the one that would fix everyone's issues with paper straws. I know most people want good straws and to save the environment but not lose they're enjoyment of their morning coffee to save the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment