Friday, February 21, 2020

12A

The segment I have chosen is people in there 18-30s. I chose this group because I believe this is who would be the average user of my straw. I interviewed a 18 year old women, 23 year old women and a 28 year old man. All the people I interviewed goes to some type of shop saily to drink coffee. Everyone I interviewed all felt they had struggle with the new paper straws being implemented across town. They said as soon as they started using the straws they noticed how bad they were in quality and how there drinking experience as a whole faltered. Two of the interviews found that even with the different alternative of avocado seed straw they weren't interested in anything that was not plastic. Therefore there drinking experience would never be the same.All the interviewees wish they knew more about the avocado seed straw when I mentioned it as a solution to soggy paper straws.  In my interviews I learned a lot of this groups' needs. I found they wish they knew more about straws and how it is not an easy thing to produce new straws since plastic has been around forever. With innovation and time they will have there drinking experience back.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ted,

    It is interesting that you found that everyones drinking experience dropped with paper straws, but were not willing to try other alternatives. I think that if you show the average straw consumer a plastic straw and then an algae straw they would not know the difference. I think your avocado straws could work the same way if they looked and felt like plastic straws.

    ReplyDelete

28A

My exit strategy is hopefully to sell the business for a reasonable return.Every business has its life cycle and when I deem it time for it ...