Thursday, February 6, 2020

8A

My solution to giving the mass public a cheap and ecological beneficial straws than the paper straws that are now provided are to mass produce avocado seed straws. With the mass production of those straws we can have the same benefits of a paper straw while having the same functionality plastic straws had. I think the opportunity is there to have the enjoyment we used to have of drinking our morning coffee or soda while saving the environment.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ted,

    I love this. I hate paper straws with all my heart but realize how important they are considering plastic straws are so bad for the environment but I am at the point where I would rather no straw at all. I think this new idea would be worth a shot considering how flimsy and unsustainable the current paper straw solution is. Although, how do your straws won't get flimsy and soggy as well? Have you seen research to support this claim or is just a theory as of now? I would love if this solution worked and could actually be put in place. Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ted:

    It's refreshing to know I'm not the only person who abhors paper straws . . . I can see Skyler also hates them - judging from her comment! I'm torn, as I care deeply about the environment; however, there has to be a better way than using those horribly textured paper straws. I was previously unaware of what other alternatives exist when looking at materials to make a straw, but learning avocado seed straws are a thing was very interesting. I love this idea, as people will always eat avocados, and it seems like a very sustainable and natural way to create something for a single use. Great idea, and I'd actually be interested to see how far you take this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ted,

    This post was a joy to read considering that I hate paper straws. This solution not only provides a safe solution to the environment but also, it does not remove the pleasure we get from actually using straws. I am actually interested in knowing if the avocado seed straws would enhance the taste of whatever I am drinking as well. All in all, it's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

28A

My exit strategy is hopefully to sell the business for a reasonable return.Every business has its life cycle and when I deem it time for it ...